2010年7月3日 星期六

Windows 8 is Enough? Microsoft OS Family Gets Confusing

Windows 8 is Enough? Microsoft OS Family Gets Confusing

Microsoft mentioned that Windows 8 may show up in 2011.
It will support USB 3.0 and bluetooth 3.0 and more functions.
The speed of Windows 8 booting up is very fast just in a few seconds.
Also, the capacity of Windows 8 is smaller than Windows 7.
If someone hadn't started to use Windows 7 yet, they might use Windows 8.
Microsoft thought that thoese people may choose Windows 8 instead of Windows 7.
In my opinion, I will still use Windows 7 for a couple of years.
My laptop is pretty new just bought a couple of months. The speed of system operation is very fast.
Also, USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 I think I probably don't need to use them yet.
It's still not very common yet.

3 則留言:

  1. Wow, and I thought Windows 7 would be it for a while. Releasing Windows 8 so soon would confuse consumers--again! and make more headaches for IT support professionals. Interesting: The following article shows that Windows 8 may provide facial recognition:
    http://www.windows8update.com/2010/06/29/new-for-windows-8-facial-recognition/
    This feature could potentially provide biometric security. Of course, the backend authentication servers will require specialized encryption of the user's authentication ID.

    回覆刪除
  2. Although I did not have a chance to try Win 8 yet, the intro of it already confused me. Why releasing a less capable OS for more price and more complications? Safer does not equal to less friendly.

    回覆刪除
  3. I will also wait and see.

    回覆刪除